In my previous post, I explained how recently I have been uninspired, not looking at the world optimistically, and just spending most of my time worrying and panicking. It is weird; some days I wake up, thinking ‘You know what, work won’t be too bad today, so-and-so is on my shift with me, and it’s only an 11:30-6!’, and then I will think about travelling while I get dressed and ready, remembering the reason I am doing this is to be able to go travelling. But some days, I wake up and dread the rest of the day, I just want to stay in bed and sleep until the next day. Check social media just to see all my friends and people in my year going out and getting drunk, having a social life and just enjoying life. And one thing I always do is compare myself to others, so this just worsens my mood. I hate these mornings, as they put me in a foul mood for the rest of the morning and just ruin the day; I feel unmotivated, uninspired and just feel like shit.
I do try to focus on the positives in my life, just to try and get me into a positive mindset to get through the day. Even the simple things, like videos of dogs, or sloths, or just remembering happy memories; it keeps me going. On my Tumblr I reblogged a quote (such a #whitegirl thing to do, I know)
“You have to find something. Something that anchors you, something that keeps you looking forward.”
And I know it is cliche as fuck and cringey, but to me it holds the truth – I always like to have something to look forward to, to keep me going until it comes up.
Anyway, back to the point of this post; things I think of to keep me staying positive.
- Dogs – They’re cute as fuck, and basic just a gift from God.
- Sloths – Before I die, I must hold one (I saw them at Chester Zoo, and honestly it was a spiritual experience)
- Good, Healthy Relationships – The relationships I have with my family, my friends, my boyfriend – relationships are important, it’s always nice to have people around you (unless you want some alone time – that’s cool
- Think of Happy Memories – Similar to Peter Pan, yeah it won’t make you fly or whatever BUT whenever I think of Leeds Fest or nights out with my friends, it always makes me smile. It’s sad how you can’t relive memories, but it just means you have to make new ones (soppy yeah but true!)
- Music – 99% sure its been scientifically proven – just don’t listen to Adele or deep, emotional songs because that will 10/10 make you more sad – listen to the Spice Girls, or Avicii or whatever, anything upbeat! (unless Adele makes you happy, then go fourth)
- Exercise – On the rare occasion I actually do go for runs, and it does boost my mood. But, as I said, I rarely do this.
- Focus on upcoming events – For me, this is obviously travelling. But it could be a night out, a holiday, a wedding, a party, anything!
This might not be useful to many, but to me I really should remember these things. Hope this helps some people.
If worse comes to worse, there is always tequila and vodka.